- Jellywatch.org, a site to record sightings of jellyfish and other marine organisms.
- Surfrider.com, a foundation dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans, waves and beaches. Chapters are throughout North America, with events such as beach cleanup days.
- Secchi Disk, participate in the Secchi project and help gather data on phytoplankton in the ocean.
- The Boat Galley Cookbook, by Carolyn Shearlock. This is a great cookbook. It’s super practical covering a broad number of areas that is a galley staple.
- One-Pot Wonders, by James Barber. This is my favourite cookbook. It doesn’t cover endless staples, but is a perfect addition to you boat galley. Easy tasty one-pot meals that were designed for a sailboat.
- Sea Salt, Recipes from the West Coast Galley, by Alison Malone Eathorne. This is a fun cookbook. With the west coast inspiration, there are lots of tasty recipe ideas to try.
Regional Fun Reads
- Jedediah Days: One Woman’s Island Paradise, by Mary Palmer. If you cruise off Vancouver Island from the Gulf Islands to Desolation Sound, Jedediah Days is a must read. Jedediah Island is now a park, but was once owned by Mary Palmer and her husband. Mary Palmer shares her life story of what it was like to live on the island.
- Once Upon an Island, by David Conover. Similar to Jedediah Days, this book is written by a couple who dreamed to buy and island bought and lived on Wallace Island in the Gulf Islands.