Here’s some links to some great boating resources.
- Sidney Spit Closure – Nov. 1, 2021 to Feb. 28, 2022
Weather and Tides
US and Canadian Customs
- Documentation – Noonsite
- ROAM – report offsite arrival – mobile app
- Pleasure Boats Entering the US
- What you can and can’t bring when entering the US
- Foreign Recreational Boaters Entering Canada
- Acceptance of Electronic Visual Distress Signals in lieu of Pyrotechnic Distress Signals (smoke signal or flare) on pleasure craft.
- Downloadable sailing directions for Canadian waters by Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
- Free Boaters Shuttle on Salt Spring Island. Upper Ganges Shopping Centre offers a free boater’s shuttle service to and from the marina’s to their shopping mall. Service is available daily from 10am to 6pm, call (250) 538-2398 to arrange a pick up for your shopping trip.
- Nauticapedia for marine history of BC.
- Farmers Markets around Powell River BC.
- Warning on Prince William Sound in Alaska
- Salt Spring Farm Stands 2020